Visiting the dispensary for the first time?
Here are a few tips to prepare yourself and ensure your trip is a success!
- Take a hard copy of your medical marijuana license or certification. While not always required, it’s a best practice to keep this handy when purchasing and transporting medical marijuana.
- Bring two forms of ID – including the one you used to register for your medical marijuana card. Be sure the address on your mmj card or certificate matches at least one form of ID.
- Bring cash! Many dispensaries cannot or do not accept credit or debit card payments, so bring enough cash to cover your purchases
- Don’t take anyone with you….unless they’re a registered caregiver! Medical-only cannabis dispensaries require that anyone who enters the facility be a patient or registered caregiver of a patient. Patients will not be allowed to bring unregistered guests in with them. (Recreational states differ!)
- Check with your local dispensary to see if they have call ahead ordering or pick-up! This can save a lot of time waiting in line, especially if dispensary inventory is low and you aren’t sure what’s available
- Plan to wait! Even with the best preparation, wait times at dispensaries can be long due to limitations on how many customers may enter at a time, and how long each patient takes to make their purchase.